Servelec Controls has built an excellent reputation for technical excellence in the supply of innovative systems for real-time control and information management within the power industry. Servelec Controls can offer full project capabilities, from conceptual design through to decommissioning.
Servelec Controls has worked extensively across a number of power technologies from thermal (including coal, gas and CHP) to nuclear (both generation and decommissioning) and renewables, including hydro. This also includes the supply of an energy trading system as part of the UK's NETA infrastructure.
The benefits of this work include increased operational efficiency, risk reduction and improved reliability.
Our portfolio of power station applications & capabilities include:
- Hydro Refurbishment Programmes
- Renewable Power Plants (Wave/Tidal/River)
- Boiler and Burner Safety / Management Systems
- Temperature and Vibration Monitoring
- Combined Heat and Power Plants
Our power management and trading capabilities include:
- Grid Optimisation
- FCDM (Frequency Control by Demand Management) System
- SRD (Standing Reserve Despatch) System
- NETA Systems
Our broad range of clients within the power industry includes Drax Power Ltd, EDF Energy, EON, RWE npower, Scottish Power, Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE) and GDF Suez.