Reference #: OG.SSE.07062017-2
Salary Range: Up to £45,000
We are looking for Senior Control System Engineers to lead the design, development, programming, testing and commissioning of industrial control solutions software (PLC/HMI/SCADA) including supervision and development of more junior Engineers.
You will also lead the design, development, assembly supervision and electrical testing of industrial control systems hardware (including functional safety systems), in conjunction with shop floor colleagues, under the guidance of principal Engineers.
SERVELEC Controls specialises in the provision of full turnkey solutions for a wide range of industrial control and monitoring applications. Our business focus is in the Power, Nuclear and Defence industries.
Key aspects of the work in this Business Group are:
• Designing industrial control systems (both hardware and software)
• Utilising Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
• Utilising Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software packages
• Configuration of PC software packages to provide user interface and data processing functions.
• Integration of software packages using standard protocols and custom developed software/scripts.
• Working in-house based in our Eckington office and on client sites throughout the UK if required
Key Personal Attributes:
Very good verbal & written communication skills, inspiring thoroughness and diligence and demonstrating an organised approach are essential. Achieving goals through teams and promoting a 'can-do' attitude. An ability to take responsibility and accountability for delivery of technical aspects of projects and to thrive on delivery challenges with stretching objectives.
A flexible, co-operative and enthusiastic attitude to work is essential, working within a flexible team / project environment. Excellent customer-facing communication skills are essential.
What will you be doing?
• Competently and efficiently lead the production of detailed Engineering Design documentation (SDD, SSS, Test Specs, O&Ms etc) for control system projects
• Competently and efficiently lead the production of detailed Engineering Design drawings (GAs, Termination Diagrams, Power Distribution etc) for control system projects
• Lead the development and testing of PLC/HMI/SCADA software applications to agreed specifications and relevant standards.
• Supervision of hardware assembly and electrical testing within the workshop and leading integration testing of completed systems.
• Commissioning and on-site support for delivered systems.
• Application of industry, customer and business standards and procedures to projects
• Maintain safe working practices
• Adhering to and applying, contract/legislative conditions
• Building and maintaining excellent customer relationships
• Promote and ensure conformity and consistency in the application of the company management process within projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Electrical and Electronic or Electrical and Software Engineering degree or similar qualification.
• Membership of the IET or an equivalent institution.
• 6+ years minimum experience designing and installing PLC / SCADA (with a focus on Rockwell, ABB, Siemens, Schneider) based control system within an ISO 9001 environment
• 3+ years minimum exposure to the Nuclear and/or Power industries
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
• Good working knowledge of Autocad for production and modification of control system hardware design drawings.
• Good analytical skills.
• Full UK Driving license
• The ability to achieve SC level clearance is essential.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, employee share save scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.