Reference #: TE.SOC.11102017-1
Salary Range: Up to £28,000
We are looking for bright mathematicians to join our team and support our ongoing growth as a company.
You should be interested in data analysis and modelling complex systems and you will:
• Hold a 2:1 or 1st class degree in a relevant discipline with a strong applied maths or statistics element, a PhD would be desirable.
• Demonstrate excellent IT skills, which will ideally include experience using MS Access, SQL, MS Excel and VBA
• Have developed a firm foundation in statistical methods
• Be highly numerate and comfortable with data with a proven track record in modelling datasets of different types and sizes using a variety of different methodologies
• Demonstrate the ability to plan work and meet deadlines
• Use clear, concise, informative and grammatically correct writing skills with an attention to detail
• In addition, the following would be desirable:
• A relevant post-graduate qualification
• Some knowledge or experience of the water sector or similar industry
• Knowledge or experience of asset management
• Understanding of data analytics
• Confidence using database software such as MYSQL, Postgres or similar
• Strong Excel / R/ SPSS / S Plus or SAS use
• Ability to prioritise and balance demands from multiple stakeholders
• Calm under pressure; successful at meeting multiple and overlapping deadlines
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will be collecting and analysing data, developing models and applying optimisation tools to help a range of clients manage complex water industry.
Your responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
Requesting data from clients
Processing and reviewing data – validation checks, statistically valid infilling, etc.
Use of software tools and languages e.g. Excel, Access, SQL, VBA, R, etc
Identifying models from data
Literature research, e.g. for model development
Model building using Servelec software, e.g. MISER, PIONEER, FlowSure
Model calibration and verification
Presentation of modelling results
Attending meetings with clients
Preparing tenders or proposals – time estimates, documents, etc.
Following QA procedures – monitoring progress, resource planning, problem identification and resolution
Servelec Technologies is a leading provider of specialist software and engineering consultancy to the water and environmental management industries. In 2013, Tynemarch joined the Servelec Group of companies and became a subsidiary of Servelec Technologies Limited.
Servelec Technologies is a global provider of SCADA and specialist software solutions, remote telemetry units and consultancy services which bring breadth of service to global customers and partners alike.
Our office is in Dorking which has excellent road and rail access from London and most parts of the South East, whilst benefitting from the rural atmosphere of a market town. The Servelec Group has a number of offices around the UK and a global presence.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, employee share save scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.